What is Clean Beauty?
Clean Beauty in cosmetics is a movement in the beauty and cosmetics industry. The goal is to eliminate harmful ingredients and use natural ingredients. “Clean Beauty” is a term that is not regulated by the FDA and has no guidelines. This means a “clean” cosmetic can in fact contain harmful ingredients. Remember to check labels and know about the integrity of the company you are buying your cosmetic. This movement is gaining momentum and it is important for all of our cosmetics and sustainability.
How to Create a Clean or Green Skin or Hair Care Line
Choose the Proper Ingredients
When formulating your skin or hair care cosmetics make sure to select ingredients carefully. Look for ingredients that follow these guidelines:
- Sustainable and renewable: ingredients are ethically sourced and created with mindfulness to the environment.
- Ingredients are mostly organic, cruelty-free, fair trade, eco-cert, bio-dynamic or wild harvested.
- Are plant-based, cruelty-free and are not derived from animals.
Ingredients to Avoid
- Parabens: Labeled as methyl-, ethyl-,butyl-, or propyl-
- Phthalates: Labeled as DBP (dibutyl phthalate, DEP (dietyl phthalate, BPA (Bisphenol)
- Proplyene Glycol
- Artificial Fragrance
- MEA or DEA
- Ingredients derived from animals
Get your Diploma Certification
Educate yourself on clean and green cosmetic formulations. Receive mentored help to start an organic skin or hair care line. Learn Cosmetic Formulation Online and earn your Diploma Certification in Natural Hair Care or Organic Natural Skin Care. These courses teach about raw ingredients, natural preservation, and everything involved in cosmetic formulating. All formulations taught are 100% plant-based, vegan, cruelty-free and professional.